Tuesday, November 30, 2004

time still waits for me

false alarms and accusations
excuses, all in vain
my heart is sealed for my protection
so it won't be beating in the rain
i had my chances and i passed them
let the dreams just slide on by
i'm holdin' out until i'm ready
will i be ready?
before i die

hide the truth in mis-direction
point the finger back at me
i spent my youth on camouflaging
everything i wanna be
now don't you worry i'm still hungry
a messed up mind won't keep me down
i believe i'll find out something
i'll find someone
someday i'll try

(chorus, repeat once then end)
time holds still for me
time holds on to me
time is all i've got
fills an empty spot
time my greatest fear
time comes i'm outta here
time won't wait for you
but time still waits for me

(copyright 2004 d. b. michel)

2 comments:

Cyfir said...

Yeah. Can definitely relate.

daniel said...

thanks for dropping by this forgotten place on the internet.