Thursday, November 04, 2004

clint coleman

i went walking with my friend
but i never did come back again
i was young, i was just fourteen
waiting for what might have been
we crossed the street, the lights were low
now that's as far as i can go
the car hit me and my friend
now i never can come back again

(chorus)

do you feel me?
about to slip away
do you know me?
from another time and place
do you hear me?
calling in the night
trying to reach you
turn this wrong into a right


i was with my buddy sam
he was older than i am
five years difference between us two
if it bugged him i never knew
my life i left at the starting gate
before i knew it was too late
will you recall or give a damn
about a kid named clint coleman

(to chorus)

i never made it across that street
so in real life we will never meet
but my soul has business too
can't be done, if not for you
i thought i had alot of time
to see the world outside of mine
could you help me find a way
to tell my friends that i'm okay

(to chorus)

(end)

(copyright 2004 d.b. michel)

No comments: