Wednesday, October 06, 2004

when the world comes around

i'm still awake i hear the breezes as they blow
a twig rubs against my windowpane
i think about all the people that i met yesterday
and realize that most don't know my name
as another night falls cool thoughts pass away
and i wait for any kind of sign
are the dreams i dream somehow common in this world
or are they dreams that are only mine


wake me when the world comes around
let me feel you reaching out to me
take me from this darkness that i found
give me somewhere else that i can be

i take a dreamscape trip to a place that i recall
a place i have seen in dreams before
i look for pieces of my memories as they fall
wet and warm upon my pillowcase
my tired eyes close before morning comes again
i'll wake to just another day
are the dreams i dreamed something magic coming 'round
or are they just my heart about to break

(copyright 2004 d. b michel)

No comments: