Tuesday, October 12, 2004

i'll still believe

you let me down today
i didn't see it comin'
yet it came right through the window
and burned into my brain
you found a way to say that nothing really matters
you left me in the darkness
drowning in your rain

(bridge)
i may be down tonight
that's how it's gonna be
but i won't be down for long
so please don't pity me

(chorus)
when everything is dark
and the light is hard to see
don't worry
i'll still believe
when the world is going crazy
and there seems to be no peace
i'll still be standing
and i'll still believe

you let me down today
but there's no use in cryin'
you walked right out the front door
and then you drove away
you took the time to say as if it really matters
you thought you took me down
but please let me explain


(copyright 2004 d.b. michel)

No comments: