Wednesday, September 29, 2004

firefox rocks!

normally this post would be on LIVE JOURNAL...but LJ is screwed up again tonight...i've been trying an hour to get in...but so far no luck.

i've been participating in the SETI@HOME project for more than 8 months now....and today i joined a SETI team...a SETI team pools it's points and is ranked in the standings with other SETI teams...the more SETI work units a team has recorded...the higher the ranking...the team i joined is FIREFOX ROCKS...it's a team that was put together to help publicize the FIREFOX web browser...i converted to FIREFOX a little over 6 months ago and have found it to be a better browser...i'm on dial-up...so the added speed firefox gives me means alot...not to mention all the other user-friendly features FIREFOX has...so i'm here today to urge you to check out SETI@HOME...and maybe get involved with trying to find signs of extra-terrestrial intellegence...and i also urge you to download the FIREFOX browser...give it a try...i think you'll like it...to find out more go to www.getfirefox.com

7 comments:

Cyfir said...

I might download Seti@home again in the near future. I usually turn my computer off when I'm not using it these days, though. I might not be able produce enough units to contribute that much to the cause.

daniel said...

every little bit helps...if you do get back in, please consider joining the FIREFOX ROCKS! team...it's a little bitty team right now, so you'd be getting in on the ground floor.

Cyfir said...

I wonder if my old user account is still active...

daniel said...

could be...if you can remember your password you'll get to add on to your previous totals.

Cyfir said...

I can't find your group. :( I did find a group with a similar name, though.

http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_41652.html

LOL

Anonymous said...

JOHN1082 says that FIREFOX is pretty good.

daniel said...

aha!...someone else has found this secret place.