Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rocket Ride

if i could i would take a rocket ship and fly
to mars or some other destination in the sky
i just know that i'm meant to go
though it seems sometimes i've been before
but my mind is foggy about those days
when i was a child and could dream in space
mom and dad don't seem to remember at all
about the trip i took when i was small
i want to get back and see again
the sights i must have seen back then
in whispered tones the men in suits did say
you can never reveal that he's been in space
so no one knows except for me
about the rocket ship with the silver seats
and the lady who told me not to cry
we're just going on a rocket ride
though i am older no longer a child
yesterdays history still has to hide
but inside my heart will always stay
the dream of once again flying away

(db michel 2004)

1 comment:

Louise Hernan said...

I just discovered your whole blog - This is a wonderful poem (or song)Daniel - I enjoy poetry I can read that makes sense to me right away. Could never get into Shakespeare. :)