Thursday, August 17, 2006

I JUST WISH THAT I BELIEVED YOU

i've been around and up and down
i don't understand this life i've found
this thing called destiny
does it have a plan for me?

i'm getting on from day to day
i sometimes drift and lose my way
this life is full of holes
through which the four winds blow

(bridge)
i don't need a map to get me where i'm going
i know i'll get there in the end

(chorus)
i just wish that i believed you
when you said my heart was good
the thought might keep me going
where i never thought i could
why did you believe in me?
I never gave that much to you
i just wish that i could have the faith
that you seem to have in me
i try but it's not happening
what is it that you see?
I'm gonna keep on trying
just because you tell me to believe
what i can't believe

i'm losing track and losing faith
i'm banging up against the gate
the door is closed
and nobody knows

just when i get up on my feet
i have to turn back and retreat
the war goes on
even when i'm gone

(bridge)
i don't need a map to get me where i'm going
i know i'll get there in the end

(repeat chorus}

(2006 D. B. MICHEL)

No comments: