Monday, January 31, 2005

i wish i had such a hill to climb

it's a long way from here
from where my forefathers came
they left a magnificent land
to come to where i remain
a hill with a town around it
they said it was beauty there
thet left it the way they found it
and left me part of a dream to share

(chorus)
someday i would like to see
such a place as where they used to be
i've never been there but i see it in my mind
i wish i had such a hill to climb

the hill had one face rock
and the other face of green
a hill not too steep to climb
a vision down from the peak
the town wrapped itself around it
to be closer to the strength
i dream now and then about it
the place my great grandpa seen

(repeat chorus twice)

---------------------
for my long lost relatives in scotland

(copyright 2005 d. b. michel)

No comments: